Working to Proven International Standards of Quality
ISO 9001-2008 is an international standard that sets-out the requirements for an organisation’s quality management system (QMS).
The objective of ISO 9001-2008 is to provide a set of requirements that, if effectively implemented, will provide you the customer with confidence that your chosen supplier can consistently provide goods and services that meet your needs and expectations and comply with applicable regulations.
The requirements cover a wide range of topics, including;
• Your supplier’s top management commitment to quality
• Its customer focus
• Adequacy of its resources
• Employee competence
• Process management (for production, service delivery and relevant administrative and support processes)
• Quality planning
• Product design
• Review of incoming orders
• Monitoring and measurement of its processes and products, calibration of measuring equipment, processes to resolve customer complaints, corrective/preventive actions and a requirement to drive continual improvement of the QMS
Last, but not least, there is a requirement for your supplier to monitor customer perceptions about the quality of the goods and services it provides you as the customer.
These requirements address the following topics:
• Requirements regarding the purchasing information that should be provided so that suppliers clearly understand their customers’ needs
• The ways in which supplied products can be verified as meeting the requirements of the customer
ISO 9001-2008 is a useful basis for organisations to be able to demonstrate that they are managing their business so as to achieve consistent (good!) quality goods and services.
There are several ways in which your suppliers can claim conformity to ISO 9001-2008 and you need to ensure that the method chosen by your supplier provides you with the necessary degree of confidence. If you are not satisfied with the performance of your supplier, you must provide them with the appropriate feedback.
Learning from complaints helps organisations to improve their future performance that is what ISO 9001-2008 is about.
Although ISO 9001-2008 is an international accreditation and many companies in the security industry abroad have it, it is not a legal requirement here in Cyprus, but as a responsible company that is always wanting to better itself, Security Absolute Services is working towards this international accreditation.